We are currently accepting submissions for a collection of short horror stories.
The theme: home invasion.
Literal, metaphorical, visceral, psychological — we want it all. Our book is an exploration of the horrors associated with safe places in our lives under threat, violation, and assault. We want to see what happens when your idea of home, and your idea of invasion, meet.
The book will feature a variety of stories from several writers and will be published in either ebook or print book format. It’s fine if your story has been previously published, so long as it wasn’t exclusively published. Payment by royalty.
- Stories can be of any sub-genre or cross-genre of horror, including (but not limited to) literary, supernatural, psychological, sci-fi, dystopian, suspense, speculative, etc. However, keep in mind that horror must be the strongest element of the story. For example, we will not accept a straight sci-fi story, but we will accept a cross of horror and sci-fi.
- Word count should be around 4000 words. However, shorter stories are acceptable.
- The submission deadline is July 31.
- Email submissions in .doc format. Please send submissions to email@example.com with “Horror Compilation Submission” in the subject line.
- We accept international writers.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions!